Thursday, October 18, 2007

Hullo

Hey all! This will be short, but just wanted to say howdy if anyone happens across this. Bri and I are doing well, we have settled into our apartment and have some good friends here, so that has been great. We just got the first new member of our branch of the family going over here in St. Louis (No, no Russ Jr. yet)

We got a great little guy, a 2 year old pug named Cosmo. Actually, his full name is Cosmo Newbigin Brown. If you don't know who Cosmo Brown is, shame on you, go watch Singing in the Rain! Lesslie Newbigin is the name of a late English bishop and theologian I was reading for one of my classes. Actually, I was a little critical of Newbigin in a paper I wrote, but over all, he's a jolly chap and the name is so much fun to say!

When we first picked Cosmo up from the rescue folks, he was wearing a little Catholic medallion for St. Francis (the patron saint of animals). Cosmo has taken the conversion to Presbyterianism quiet well thus far, stating that he feels it addresses many issues which had long been on his heart. I haven't been able to find a John Calvin medallion for him yet though.


Isn't he absolutely adorable?

Precious says it best I think...
This is his rascally face.

Greek is really my nemesis right now. I greatly enjoy the idea of Greek, and will absolutely love to be able to use it in understanding the New Testament better. Unfortunately, Greek hasn't taken a great liking to me yet, and never seems to want to stay with me. It's always going off somewhere else when I have a quiz or exam :S Oh well, I will just keep on being friendly and spending time with it, and eventually I'm sure it will warm up to me.

Hope you are all well, talk to you soon!


2 Comments:

At 10/26/2007 11:59 AM, Blogger Lydia said...

Hi Russ- I still check your blog from time to time! It seems that everyone has moved on to Facebook, doesn't it?

Your dog is cute- (in an ugly pug kind of way) and I love the name! That is such a great movie! And Cosmo is one of the best characters!

 
At 2/25/2008 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Russ! I just happened upon this update like you said! He is so cute! =]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home