Saturday, July 09, 2005

Dog Tired...


This is my fine dog Sam, looking quite noble and dignified. Actually, he looks completely ridiculous and silly, doesn't he? There's a reason his most commonly used name is "Dumb" or "Samdumb":) Actually, he's pretty much got things figured out really. Unlike any other dog I've met, he's usually the last one out of bed in the morning. He always looks so smug, rolling over and nuzzling deeper into the blankets with his snout while I get ready for work in the morning. When on rare occasion I do get a chance to get a little sleep, then it's of course a matter of dire necessity that he get up at the crack of dawn to do his doggy things (breakfast, bathroom, and barking).

Today is a busy day, with all sorts of studying for Sunday school and the delivery of my first short message at M&M. Must be why I am posting, I needed something to put off! I just pray that God would fill the gaps in my own abilities with his grace, and plant, feed, and germinate the seeds of His word where my own city-slicker planting fails. I'm so glad to have a great bunch of people in my class, and at church too! At least I don't have to do the hymns this time. Leading the hymns a few weeks back had me oh so nervous, but I finally realized that I was only being conceited and self absorbed in my worries! Just had to get back into the right mindset of singing praises to God, not performing for the congregation, and things were A-ok. In fact, when it was all said and done, I really enjoyed it! (After all, it wasn't me that had to listen to my singing:)
Ok, back to work with me!

3 Comments:

At 7/14/2005 7:17 PM, Blogger Jason said...

hahahhahahhahahhaha!!!!
the phantom of the bloggs strikes again!!!

 
At 7/16/2005 12:03 PM, Blogger emilie said...

RUSS!
Westminster Seminary ROCKS. You need to come down here ASAP. You would love it.
Just wanted to let you know. :)

 
At 7/26/2005 12:27 AM, Blogger Russ said...

Thanks for the heads up Em:) I do indeed need to check Westminster out. I would really like to talk to Ken about it some time. I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to looking for a seminary, so I would appreciate any guidence:)

ANDREW!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home