Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Post for Post's sake

I'm stuck here for the next 15 minutes or so, icing my pulled hamstring, courtesy of ultimate frisbee today:) Is there anything more frustrating than an injury! So annoying really... There is nothing I hate more than being less than 100% on the field. I was just starting to feel so good again too, finally getting back into the frisbee groove. I kept saying how lame the whole situation was... then I realized the full applicability of that statement. Oh well, it is good to be young:) I will be recovered in no time flat, ready to hurt something else I'm sure.

I have a busy summer ahead of me, and I can't believe how the time is already flying. I am still working my job in the law office about 25 hours a week, and then doing my "Pastoral internship" at church to round things out with about 15 hours a week. My job in Seattle is still great, but the three days a week I head over there are really long with the commute, up at 5:30 and not home until 7:00 ish (more like 11:30 after resthome singing Tuesdays).
Besides work, I have a 25 page paper that is in need of writing. It was supposed to be done last quarter, but my prof who is advising me in my research was traveling a lot last quarter, and asked for an extension... I was more than happy to oblige:)
I am also in drastic need of refreshing when it comes to my French! I have to start the second year series at the U in the fall, and am shaking in my boots, since it sometimes seems I can't remember even the simplest things! Bleah, before french, I was blissfully ignorant of the existence of conjugations - or that you did them to verbs. I am trying to figure out a good time when I can sit down with my textbook and get back to a little bit of home schooling for review:)
I am really enjoying getting a chance to do some good reading this summer, though the time is still somehow hard to find! Right now I am working through our text for Sunday school, prepping for Bible study through Philippians, and reading the Confessions of Saint Augustine and the Imitation of Christ by Thomas à Kempis. Very interesting books all thus far, but I may need to find some pieces of a lighter nature too, to round things out! I also need to get some guitar playing and song writing squeezed in here somewhere, where has all the time gone!:)
Welp, it is high time that I hit the hay, 5:30 comes early these days!

3 Comments:

At 6/28/2005 1:41 PM, Blogger emilie said...

Dear Russ,
Comment tallez-vous?
Wow, pastoral intern! How cool is that! Enjoy the Philippians... that is my favorite book.

 
At 7/02/2005 8:22 AM, Blogger Bruce, Son of Leod said...

Might I suggest Life of Pi for a good read? The end is quite the best. I would also suggest Ecclesiastes and Ephesians (I've got a thing for those E's!).

 
At 7/08/2005 12:29 PM, Blogger Russ said...

Oh, I can't wait to get those plants! Something of my very own to love and care for, and most likely kill:) Em, I love Philippians too... that's why I picked it! Nice to have the power sometimes. And Bruce, those E books are awesome too. Funny, seems to be a common theme running through the Bible...
I unfortunetely have had to sacrifice my fun reading of Confessions for "business" related reading, but so far I'm enjoying it. I love reading old works, it really lets you see the universal thread of humanity running up through history- seems like a guy you might meet on the street today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home