Monday, March 28, 2005

Up From the Grave He Arose!

So the new quarter dawneth on the morrow! My metaphorical sleeves are rolled up (I don't have a shirt on) and I'm ready to deal out some mega hits to the world of academia. School has been going really well lately, and I'm actually looking forward to my next quarter - despite the usual foot-dragging my lazy nature puts up. I won't lie and say things have been easy. In fact, I don't know that I've ever felt my heart and soul squeezed so many ways before in my life. It's always a bitter feeling when you feel that you have been serving God, and then things don't turn out the way you expected them to (Insert reliance on God's vs Russ's plan verse here). But I know that God is using every bit of pain to mold me into the man he desires. It's always so easy to say that- it's another to actually believe it, and live it out! Sometimes I feel that I'm just saying a useless mantra over again and again... But my soul knows the truth of it, and I praise God for that! Then sings my soul... what a beautiful expression of the feeling, I can't sing it anymore without goosebumps! (thanks rest home gang:)
Well, this was a somewhat less than entertaining post I know, but life has many layers- like an ogre, or a parfait. I just follow my muse... It's time for me to hit the rack, there are great things things to be done in the morning!

2 Comments:

At 3/28/2005 7:39 AM, Blogger Bruce, Son of Leod said...

I'm with ya Russ. I know exactly how you feel. Well, chances are not exactly, but the way you put it is pretty much the same way I would put it. So...yeah.
I guess the world finally got something right: no pain, no gain.

 
At 3/31/2005 8:59 PM, Blogger Russ said...

Thanks man:) It's good to have friends who know where you're coming from ~Excelsior~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home