Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Hotel Rwanda

Hey all, I just saw the movie this afternoon, wow, intense is all I can say. I knew about some of the atrocities comitted over there from one of my classes, and about the word game of terminology between "acts of genocide" as opposed to "genocide" which kept the U.N. from doing anything of real help. But visuals are always so powerful, and this was a real gut wrenching tear jerker. If you can sit through that movie without feeling awful and having your eyes at least water, I hope you don't know where I live, and I'm not turning my back on you for even a minute! You would probably sell your granny for a dime for the gumball machine. For the rest of you with hearts, this is a very moving picture, though not one to see for an uplifting experience. How can anyone commit such hideous acts against other human beings? The thought of anyone in the least bit of pain makes me feel terrible, how can human beings sing songs and cheer as they commit the machette mutilations of terrified innocent little kids? The world is sick with sin. Seeing things like Hotel Rwanda really makes my heart ache as a Christian. How can we see, and not act? And yet, the world is so big, how do you really make a change? And we get caught up in the little things... like the reporter says, we see it on the news, say it's horrible, and then go back to eating our dinner. Besides, some people have to be working day to day, as carpenters, lawyers, architects, teachers, and everything else, vital in creating the industry and strong nations like the U.S. that are actually capable of providing help! What does God want us to do? The problems just seem so immense, and we are so small. That, I guess, is where God comes in, and gives us guidance and direction. And thanks be for the beauty and good that does still exist in this world, or it might be too much to bear.
Welp, that's it for this one (holy cow I can ramble!) if you see the movie, let me know what you thought! (or even if you haven't)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home