Friday, March 18, 2005

I'll be with you in cherry blossom time...

Yes, I know it's supposed to be apple blossom time, but I couldn't help singing it with new lyrics on my way to the library through the quad:)
Spring break thus far has been somewhat bizzare, in a new home, away from my real home, and further away from friends! I'm stuck around here, because I have to work 3 days a week, but I'd really like to spend the time back home in good ol' Poulsbo. Yes, I want to travel the world, and have great adventures. But I really don't think I'll ever be able to go away for too long, before I feel Liberty Bay and the Olympic mountains calling me back home:) I can't wait until this summer, when we have a good crowd of the old crew thundering around, kicking up a cloud of dust on the sunbaked Frisbee field of Raab Park!
Yesterday I spent most of the day with myself, ran some errands, and steam cleaned my room. I fell asleep at about 8:30, reading through an old favourite of mine by Thackeray, the history of Henry Esmond. It was almost a really lonely day, but fortunetely my brother woke me up as he came in the door from his night class. We ended up going for a late night run to Denny's, to celebrate the end of the quarter for both of us. I haven't had so much fun in a long time! We ate our second dinners, swilled down cup after cup of wonderfully strong, semi burnt coffee, and had a good brotherly chat late into the night. I really thank God for my bro! God always manages to see when our hearts are low, and provides a balm when we least expect (and most doubt) it.
Alright, I'm off to work, and then to Poulsbo for the weekend!

1 Comments:

At 3/19/2005 2:50 AM, Blogger Bruce, Son of Leod said...

Rock on man. I haven't been on a late night food run for ages (I think the last one may have been to Waffle House one of my first days at Covenant). Those are great times, great people, and great memories.
Keep on keepin' on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home