Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Lambs Are Cute, Especially On Gyros!

Oh what a day, what a day! Friends, I'm afraid that already this poor little blog is being neglected, only in its infancy, left to fend for itself! This is my craziest quarter yet, it is a good thing I've already lost my sanity, it gives me one less thing to misplace! So, I added up my course work the other night, and put it all on my calendar (hear that mom? Yes, I'm using my calendar:) It looks like I have about 85 pages of paper writing this quarter, including one 25 page independent research "qualifying paper," required for graduation from the Jackson School. Thrown on top of that are about 500 pages of reading a week, adding up to overall good times for Russ! Last night I got a lovely total of 2 hours of sleep, labouring away on a paper due this morning for Global Interactions. There is no worse imaginable torture! I drained five cups of coffee and a grande mocha today, all in an effort to remain awake while driving and at work. I ended up in that caffeine zombie state, where you are neither fully living, nor fully dead, but are instead entranced in a schizophrenic state of paranoid stupor, lacking full muscular control, and overall feeling as though you are about to die, or perhaps wish you would:) Before everyone starts telling me that I really ought to be doing my work earlier, A. I know you are right, but won't admit it, and B, I wish to remind you all that this is the very beginning of week 3 of the quarter, and already in the last two days I have had two quizes, two papers, and about 300 pages of closely read text. There hasn't really been much of an earlier to get started! Besides, what fun would that be?
I am always amazed at my ability to survive, it is clearly an act of God and his provision that keeps my heart beating and the GPA high! I realized the other day that it is going to take a truly amazing and wonderful girl to put up with me some day. Luckily for her, she can be sure that no man has ever loved a woman more than I will her in return! I have been putting up with myself for 22 years, I know what she has to deal with:)
Anways, somehow, today has been really awesome, I had a great day! At work, I got away with using the Boss's Bullwinkle the Moose mug, a daring and I must say gallant act. I also had lunch at Mr. D's in Pike Place market, and that is enough to make any day good. (Thanks Moi and Bruce!) I got a new sustain pedal for my keyboard, turned in my paper on time, got back a quize I did well on, sang at the rest home, read ahead for class tomorrow, and am currently updating my blog. Not bad for two hours of sleep.

4 Comments:

At 4/13/2005 9:57 AM, Blogger Bruce, Son of Leod said...

You, sir, are correct.
I feel the same way about my wife-to-be (nobody at the moment). Being that I've known myself my whole life, I know that I can and will unconditionally love my partner, nay, wife.
Anyways, I look forward to that bit of life, but I've got some time to put in prior.
Keep sleeping, don't die, see you tonight.

 
At 4/19/2005 4:43 PM, Blogger Russ said...

mom;
If I weren't so very happy with the one I have, I would definetely be proud to call you by that name:) Thanks for the food tips!

 
At 4/28/2005 3:08 PM, Blogger emilie said...

Dear Russ,
Lambs ARE cute. I love it.
"Mary had a little lamb... and a little mint jelly."

 
At 6/11/2005 5:49 PM, Blogger Russ said...

Mmmm, mint. You are hilarious Em:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home